Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy new year from Devamitta

Dear Friends and Supporters of the Telwatta Photo Kids.

Hereby I wish to thank you all for your support of the project which is run here by Mr. Georg Höfer for the benefit of our kids.
The boys here are so enthusiastic and happy with the “Photo Kids” program and they are learning so much during this period.
Personally I not only enjoy seeing them having so much fun together, which is not happening so much in their daily live, I also see that the program is having the result I hoped for: they start to look different at each other and their surroundings, they see pictures and beauty everywhere! This will make a big difference for their future; they are looking different at their lifes.

The aim we had: to stimulate their artistic characteristics, to stimulate their creativity and to make them work together will be surely reached!
I must say that a great part of this is thanks to the inspiring teaching of Georg and his handling of the group! He is doing this in such a way that I think that if he worked with my pupil the Rev. Ariyadhamma before that he might have become a photographer instead of a monk! He surely “infected” him with the “photography virus”, especially the passion of Georg for night photography has been transferred to the
Rev. Ariyadhamma! And because of Georg’s passion for photography and his way of working and teaching the boys here my admiration for him has grown every day!

Dear friends (if I may call you all so?), I want to thank you all for your support for this project. It makes the end of this year so valuable for the boys and me personally! It gives me good prospects and hope for the coming year. Normally we are so busy to try and help those who suffer that it is a wonderful way to end this, and start the next year with such a creative, educational and “fun” program!
Thank you very much! Thank you Georg!

I hope you will continue to support this program and I end this letter with the wish that;
You all May be Healthy, Happy and Safe in this New Year!

Yours sincerely:

Holland Sri Devamitta Maha Thera
Metta Ashrama
Telwatta – Sri Lanka.

No comments:

Post a Comment